- Professionals who are generally under the age of 35.
- 10 years or less of experience working in the arts.
- Current resident of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawai'i, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington or Wyoming.
- Self identify as people of color.
- Arts administrator or significantly arts interested community person such as a volunteer, public official and/or artist with a strong interest in issues of arts policy and administration. (Not designed to serve individual artists.)
- Individuals who may not have previously had an opportunity to participate in high quality professional development sessions.
- Have not traversed from one fellowship to the next.
- Individuals of significant promise.
The Western States Arts Federation (WESTAF) is a regional nonprofit arts service organization whose mission is to strengthen the financial, organizational, and policy infrastructure of the arts in the western United States. In its work, WESTAF strives to reflect the values, insights, spirit, and knowledge of communities of color, indigenous peoples, and other marginalized ethnic communities in the west and ensure its programs and initiatives incorporate the diverse perspectives of the region.
In 2010, WESTAF established its Emerging Leaders of Color Professional Development Program, which promotes multicultural leadership in the arts by:
- uilding a cohort of cultural leaders of color in the western United States who are committed to the advancement of the arts.
- Engaging diverse emerging leaders in coursework and activities designed to strengthen competencies and prepare participants for leadership positions in the field.
- Providing opportunities for promising arts professionals to establish networks that support their careers and the cultural interests of the communities they represent and serve.
- Deepening participants’ understanding of the arts in the United States and how public support sustains the vibrancy of the sector.
Questions or for more information, contact Chrissy Deal, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or someone you know meet the criteria for this program, please pass this link on, or share it on facebook, twitter, google+ or other social media sites.